Sunday, March 18, 2018

Ghost Of Memory

Ghost Of Memory
© Surazeus
2018 03 18

The rain that explains why we are alive
splatters the windows of the lonely house
where no one talks about shadows of light
or the cold that hides in the empty books.

The heavy heart that sleeps all afternoon
forgets the turning of relentless time
which cracks every cell in the organism
who relies on mirrors of flashing words.

If I could sit quietly on the couch
all day and never buy or sell my words
the snap of angel wings disturbing wind
would never blow sand off the patient beach.

The shadow of the concept I ignore
is always walking towards me from the sky
down every hill where no one ever roams
to bring the treasure someone promised me.

She knows the secret you can never spell
in letters of contempt on walls of dust
because the leaves that fall from angry trees
clutter the ground of forgotten desire.

The voice that never whispers any song
twists backward every wrong long suffered why
if we must try to speak words no book keeps
alone on the bridge that goes nowhere far.

I cannot hide the secret I ignore
so every flower pressed forgotten in books
reminds me of the one who walked away
to keep the shadow of my numbing heart.

You are not the concept still in my mind
so every second your true soul transforms
beyond the ghost who lingers in my eye
inside the glow that hides your polished mask.

The rich spirit still flashes in your eyes
that I recall feeling there years ago
but like the seed that sprouts into the tree
you grow beyond the ghost of memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment