Friday, September 23, 2016

All Our Memories Of Earth

All Our Memories Of Earth
© Surazeus
2016 09 22

How many people die in crashing cars
to disappear from the dream of our game
on countless worlds that thrive around bright stars
while spinning through lightless void without name.

When Janus reinvents the door of time
and hides inside my throbbing heart the key
that guides me through the labyrinth of rhyme
I stand and sing beside the roaring sea.

I travel forward west ten thousand years,
leaving Lake of Eyes to blaze nameless trails
and guard walled heaven of fruit trees with spears
while teaching children truth with ancient tales.

This is the cozy home I build for you
so brew apple cider beside warm hearth
and decipher if you can this weird clue
that records all our memories of Earth.

1 comment: