Sunday, January 2, 2022

Walking On Sunlit Sand

Walking On Sunlit Sand
© Surazeus
2022 01 02

The laughing thrush who knows my secret name 
teaches me how to wear clear ocean waves 
in body of the mother of mankind 
whose memory of walking on sunlit sand 
guides my journey to where the sun is born 
so I can sing to the listening wind. 

The people whose memories compose my soul 
transform the road where fear becomes the sign 
that leads me to illusion of their joy 
though children orphaned by the holy war 
build castles from sand of ideal desires 
when they remember how the west was won. 

As bombs from tanks and planes destroy our homes 
we walk back home with bare feet to the land 
where corpses of our parents feed the roots 
of apricot trees by polluted rivers 
since luscious clouds of ether blind our eyes 
when we recall how wars are won with blood. 

The shadow of the monolith glows white 
though flash of eternity dissipates 
so I listen to laughter of the thrush 
while eating apricots in the twilight zone 
because the new year throws dust in my eyes 
long after tears have turned my heart to salt. 

Persistent honor of the burning bush 
displays conceptual peace of terraced vines 
where handless fishermen pick rotting grapes 
so their children who have never owned shoes 
can attend university to learn 
savage art of politics from blind gods. 

The random honesty of fractured lens 
dispatched to photograph the noble hero 
decides to wear porcelain mask of faith 
to the Christmas Ball at the winter palace 
while angry peasants forge bullets of hope 
from statues of kings they melt in moonlight. 

Weird laughter of the lyre Orpheus plays 
teaches stones how to fly over the lake 
moved by external force of cosmic will 
expressed by wingless angel of the bridge 
who defines essence of created things 
while Death sings love songs to the Shadow Queen. 

Quick sunfilled waterdrops of laughing skulls 
flood senate chamber with bright consciousness 
at sudden whisper of the honey bee 
who keeps the secret even I forgot 
when I visit childhood haunts by the lake 
where the faceless avatar plays my role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment