Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Moon Owl I Never See

Moon Owl I Never See
© Surazeus
2022 01 12

Moon Owl I never see in the oak tree 
flies free to Heaven with my mortal soul 
that profiles ghastly chime of timeless truth 
too heavy for my heart to comprehend 
because I miss strange beauty of your eyes 
that hacks secure code of my naked mind. 

No learned astronomer in crowded class, 
who displays figures in columns of proofs, 
could chart measured progress of my weird fate 
in complex diagrams of cause and effect, 
yet I account for each act I perform 
to calculate fortune of silent stars. 

So as stark sunlight streams through stormy clouds 
I meditate in Stonehenge to perceive 
unsigned message of that immortal mind 
which never speaks in words I understand 
to become imminent presence of light 
deep in unfathomed thought of my frail brain. 

Unusual contours of vast desert lands 
where my ancestors traveled signless roads 
lure me to confront my violent desires 
to replicate my soul beyond my death 
though I explore wild range of jagged hills 
where I first see the horse run fast as wind. 

Sweet cataracts of singing rivers flash 
divine aloneness through my aching heart 
though I travel to far ends of the Earth 
one hundred thousand years in many lives 
to find where the sun is born from the sea 
where waves explain how my spirit was born. 

Two thousand generations of my genes 
from spirit of Helius reborn in flesh, 
I journey west from sea to shining sea, 
chasing Goddess of Light through apple groves 
till she embraces me in loving arms 
to generate new bodies for our souls. 

Thus always I return to the oak tree 
where gold-eyed owl of her committed love 
explains her secret of immortal life 
when she breathes spirit of truth in my heart 
and bids me rise from mud womb of the Earth 
so I can steal apples from the Death Snake. 

The ecstasy of treasure on the wind 
reveals strange desolation from world war, 
so I construct Heaven in the waste land 
disguised as castles built from dragon bones 
because I miss strange beauty of your eyes 
that weaves new wings for my demonic mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment