Thursday, January 6, 2022

To Touch Your Why

To Touch Your Why
© Surazeus
2022 01 06

The last persimmon on the snow-white hill 
reveals strangeness of kaleidoscope eyes 
which cannot see the soul behind the face 
except when rain exposes silent pain 
so I walk backward on the signless road 
to find the person I love lost in time. 

The ancient hemlock by the asphalt road 
smiles sweetly at the smog-gray sky of fear 
while I wait by the twisted metal sign 
that says this road to old house where I live 
is the Dead End where even ghosts get lost 
so I paint your face on its silver back. 

The rancid cactus of the suffering clock 
draws circle of light around my cracked skull 
to translate color of history to rain 
so we can understand the alibi 
the wingless angel insists we accept 
because somehow we might still be alive. 

The sallow willow of the ghetto park 
watches homeless refugees of war play 
board games while bombs destroy religious halls 
though I wear mink-fur coat stained red with blood 
of tyrants we shoot when they crown themselves 
savior of the world on the evening news. 

The glowing hurricane of mindless bliss 
that nurtures purring brood of silver crows 
explains to me why death is absolute 
for every organism ever born 
on every planet in the universe 
so I sit in my river boat and laugh. 

The robust rhododendron of despair 
introduces me to strangers who know 
nothing about why the spider web sings 
confusing riddle about faceless kings 
who ignore augury of roaring planes 
to worship jellyfish god of the sea. 

The ardent apple tree in parking lots 
reveals the eyeless specter in the mist 
who waits outside my window before dawn 
to show me secret of the swirling snow 
so I sing love spells on the radio 
to people weeping as they drive to work. 

The errant eglantine of Avalon 
articulates strange shock of ecstasy 
when I find the person I love the most 
walking toward me in arrogant sunlight 
though empires fall at romance of the rose 
so I reach out my hand to touch your why. 


No comments:

Post a Comment