Sunday, January 16, 2022

Blankness Of The World

Blankness Of The World
© Surazeus
2022 01 16

The blankness of the world fills me with hope 
that falling snow will not erase my name 
from silence of the story no one tells 
how when I fell out of the hungry sky 
the moonlight sliced my soul in eager wings 
so I will know what to say when we meet. 

The weirdness of the world fills me with dread 
that people sprouting from womb of the Earth 
will never know sweet pleasure of the truth 
that twists our hearts with agony of faith 
though we eat our breakfast of eggs and toast 
that crumble like mountains into the sea. 

The fullness of the world fills me with love 
that flowing rivers will translate my blood 
to whisper of clear ocean waves at dawn 
which might reveal the Light of Evermore 
still glowing in the book I try to read 
before the weeping of the trees in spring. 

The sadness of the world fills me with angst 
that all skeletons will crumble into dust 
after fifty million spins of the Earth 
through the measureless void of Nothing Real 
because my mind invents the world I see 
while I look for you in shadow of gloom. 

The vainness of the world fills me with pride 
that we evolve from sparkles of wet slime 
which blow from breath of hydrothermal vents 
to swim up rivers to the star-gold lake 
as we transform from fish to wingless angel 
when first mother sings our names at red dawn. 

The boldness of the world fills me with rage 
that blind indifferent nature does not care 
whether or not we fragile wingless angels 
regenerate our bodies through desire 
to overcome hostility of death 
as we embrace our lovers in the dark. 

The business of the world fills me with lust 
that urgent craftiness of my strong hands 
transforms the raw material of the Earth 
into sacred temples where women birth 
new bodies for our souls from tangled genes 
who build piston engines for time machines. 

The strangeness of the world fills me with dreams 
that Idea of God wakes up in my brain 
as vivid consciousness of timeless truth 
so I perceive this universe of atoms 
swerving in womb of the void to create 
this lush globe where we meet and grow in love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment