Monday, January 31, 2022

Hunger Of The World

Hunger Of The World
© Surazeus
2022 01 31

Too slow for wingless angels to perceive 
the indifferent rain that falls from blank sky 
cares nothing for the anguish in my heart 
so though I lie decrepit on the Earth 
abused by mindless hunger of the world 
I rise again to walk the road past death. 

Reluctant sorrow of the burning tree 
leads me to valley of the singing skull 
where the Great Mother on the throne of gold 
laughs with delight for pain we must endure 
strengthens our hearts with arrogant disdain 
against indifferent hunger of the world. 

The mountain mother in dark cave of dreams 
calls me to climb winding trail to the stars 
so I stretch out my hand to take the prize 
that shimmers just beyond reach of my mind 
till I fall wingless to the rocky shore 
where I fight against hunger of the world. 

The shining armor of ambitious pride 
I wear to fight against monster of hate 
conceals fragile body of my fierce soul 
while I search vast mountain for cave of dreams 
but I wander with hunger of the world 
on the signless road that leads me nowhere. 

Inspired by disdain of the faceless god 
embodied by the idol no one sees 
I organize lost people in communes 
who help each other grow food to survive 
against indifferent hunger of the world 
that fuels my mind to design new machines. 

After gathering seeds from apples I eat 
I plant trees in rows on the river shore 
that flourish from brain of the demon corpse 
to bloom with apples more red than the moon 
which gives me strength of angel wings to fight 
futile war against hunger of the world. 

We clutch dollar bills that fall from blank sky 
in desperate bid to become billionaires 
imprisoned in safe walls of paradise 
while we play game of chess against blind death 
who laughs with old rhythm of ocean waves 
in harmony with hunger of the world. 

Constrained by twisted syntax of blind faith 
to believe humans can transcend desire 
and focus energy on building hope 
I leap the bridgeless abyss of my heart 
to comprehend fierce hunger of the world 
that inspires me to recreate myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment