Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Because We Are Lights

Because We Are Lights
© Surazeus
2022 01 11

Because I am fragile leaf of desire 
I will be blown into yard of your heart 
when you speak my name with wind of your breath 
so our bodies twine in tangles of love 
when we embrace sweet ecstasy of truth 
that we generate life from sparkling eyes. 

Whether looping roads of our separate lives 
provide random chances for us to meet 
in meadows, beaches, groves, or city streets, 
I look for your face in shadows of hope 
for dazzling beauty of your glowing soul 
blinds my eyes so I can see no one else. 

My heart beats faster when I see your eyes, 
so I run quick as horse along bright streams 
or higher than eagle over slow clouds 
so I can hold you in my arms again 
and walk by your side in sync with your steps 
so where we are becomes our paradise. 

Though death stalks our souls everywhere we go, 
hungry animals or forces of nature 
as monsters lurking in cities or fields, 
we stick together on the road of life 
to keep each other safe from violent harm 
so united we thrive in paradise. 

When you disappear from scope of my eyes 
so I cannot see if you are alive, 
my heart beats wilder than wings of the crow 
when I fly through shadows of aching fear 
till I find you plucking apples from trees, 
so I embrace you and caress your face. 

Though nature is indifferent to our love, 
caring not whether we will live or die, 
we are the only ones alive with hope, 
motivated by our passionate urge 
to transcend terrible horror of death 
by generating children from our minds. 

We know death will crush our bodies to dust 
but, while we wake alive with beating hearts 
together in dim shadows of the world, 
we will hold hands and walk the road of life 
to savor terrible beauty of love 
that surges through our bodies when we kiss. 

Blown by indifferent winds of careless fate, 
we hold each other in terrible storms 
and give each other fruit we find in Hell, 
for we make Heaven with each loving word 
we speak to guide each other in the dark 
because we are lights to the ones we love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment