Monday, January 17, 2022

Soul Cry Of The Lyre

Soul Cry Of The Lyre
© Surazeus
2022 01 17

To perform my neat and orderly life 
I dance on the razors edge of desire. 
Through every open door where the ghost sings 
I hear sweet anguish of butterfly wings. 
Because no laughing devil knows my fate 
I try to conjure selfless love from hate. 

If I ever escape the dusty moon 
I will appreciate your solitude. 
Though we stand before the church in sunlight 
clarity of vision veils second sight. 
I dance around bonfire of vanities 
to reforge all social conceptual keys. 

Rejection of wisdom is to accept 
confusing passion of chemical love. 
Alone on island of terrified birds, 
I hide my emotions in frigid words. 
Before glass window of infinite faith 
I ponder rain song of the eyeless wraith. 

Gold sunlight gleams on the ocean beach sand 
where all lovers vanish in winds of time. 
Accept this golden apple in my hand 
as gift of love that will make our hearts chime. 
Bones of my ancestors construct this land 
as wingless angel evolved from sea slime. 

Strange sunlight in trees cuts my heart in words 
so I give you every secret I find. 
I hear the sea wind blow one thousand miles 
so I follow the trail of tear-stained smiles. 
You run to me with joy to be alive 
so we explore the world from our dream cave. 

One hundred thousand years later I feel 
longing to find you again by the sea. 
One thousand lives later we meet again 
and marry when we kiss in the dawn rain. 
Tomorrow I will wake up by your side 
to savor our love where sorrows abide. 

The bride with seven stars in her hair 
dances slowly in grove of mango trees. 
The groom on white horse in mist of new hope 
reveals souls of stars in the telescope. 
The couple holds hands on the spinning world 
to generate soul of the cosmic herald. 

To perform sweet drama of our romance 
we dance on the razors edge of desire. 
We help each other transcend every chance 
by singing in harmony with the choir. 
We weave wings for our hearts with loving dance 
in tune with eerie soul cry of the lyre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment