Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Cake In Her Amsterdam Salon

Cake In Her Amsterdam Salon
© Surazeus
2018 09 25

The force of unspoken words, jolting white
through frail glass of our self-protective masks,
shimmers beautiful rainbows of fake smiles
to replicate strange beauty of pale clouds.

The lamp that casts eerie light on blank book
reveals secret code in curved characters,
suspicious through weight of unspoken thoughts,
however high the bird decides to fly.

She plunges fork in flesh of lemon cake
to ignore how she displaces despair
through stoic attention to small details
in strict contemplation of true success.

The elders with their pockets full of cash
frown on tasteless displays of flashy wealth,
austere ministers of business finance
expended according to divine will.

After endless meetings in clean hotels
to analyze cost-effective programs
that promise excess return of investment,
they approve plans to restore the waste land.

The cat that leaps away from thick tires of cars,
the angel caught in electric wires writhes,
the quick girl escapes roving gang of boys,
when fragile innocence dares to survive.

We make our own way through the hostile world,
each spirit who seeks true security
in simple narrative of private life
where we play the agent of our survival.

Why should I blame myself for their attack
when they are the one who should exercise
self-control over their selfish desires
and refuse to oppress me with their lust?

When they attack me with hostile aggression
they are guilty of breaking basic laws
of decent behavior toward other people
so they should be arrested for their crime.

Though they are responsible for attack,
I will be the agent of my safe progress
through confusing labyrinth of selfish lust
to preserve my body and mind from greed.

The shattered mirror of my mind reflects
more complex world than my world view contained
so I reprogram how I perceive life
to adjust for information influx.

I redesign paradigm of the world
with much more flexible parameters
so I can analyze new perceived facts
and insert them in grand structure of truth.

My new paradigm accounts for all things,
basing beliefs on founding principles
that can explain every phenomenon
so I can predict anything that happens.

I compose new concepts in the blank book
illuminated by the lamp of hope,
giving shape to strange transcendental thoughts
in my secret code of poetic verse.

When you look in the mirror of my face
you see reflected your own secret face
so we transform each other when we talk,
expanding our world views to match each other.

When she offers me slice of lemon cake
I accept the frail plate with polite nod
then relate humorous anecdote of life
so everyone chuckles in the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment