Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Behind The Noise Of Business

Behind The Noise Of Business
© Surazeus
2018 09 26

The honks of cars on busy city streets,
the twitter of birds in the river park,
the laughter of children in the school room,
the rumble of engines in factories.
Behind the noise of business I can hear
the silence in motionlessness of death.

How sweet to hear the sounds of daily life
activate the stark urgency of love.
Flowing forward on motion of small steps,
I navigate the busy streets of town
and push through the hopefulness of glass doors
on my quest for happiness in small stores.

I return from the waste land of despair,
riding in the swift black carriage with Death,
to walk the many-footed streets of town,
loafing at my ease against tree of fruit,
and watch strangers with weird faces I love
who pursue happiness in game of life.

When visions of life flash across my eyes
I strum guitar in harmony with life,
and with Orpheus chant the vibrant soul
that courses through the buildings of our town.
Whether I come to play the king or clown,
I wear ever-shifting mask of the skies.

Long I sit in silence on mountain slope,
listening to the terror in the soft breeze,
then, hacking at the cliff of silent rock,
I discover mine full of shining diamonds
that beam eternal love song through my voice
so I never cease chanting tale of life.

Long I wander in the waste land of fear,
howling with hurricane of hopeless horror,
then, striking at the stubborn rock of hate,
I release fountain of refreshing water
that flows forever from heart of the world
so I never cease chanting spells of love.

The clack of keyboards in the office hall,
the sparkle of light in electric wires,
the flash of data in thick cable lines,
the stream of stories on newspaper sites.
Inside the hum of knowledge I can hear
the silence in vast emptiness of death.

I love all those human beings I perceive
who express their perceptions of this world
for they are alive in dream of our globe
and their voices form one harmonious choir
that vibrates through labyrinth of city streets.
So what if they will all die one day soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment