Thursday, September 27, 2018

All Eternity In One Hour

All Eternity In One Hour
© Surazeus
2018 09 27

When I sink into mute darkness of sleep
my conscious awareness of things blanks out
and I know nothing as I float in gloom.

The emptiness of nothing swallows me
so at the moment I awake from sleep
I emerge gasping from blank sea of death
and feel my heart pounding like the wild waves
as I try to remember my lost name.

As I remember who I was before,
recalling memories of my previous actions,
and noting wishes in the role I played,
I feel resurrected from nothingness,
refreshed so I can begin this new day
living better to overcome mistakes
and perform living rituals of my role
with greater precision of intent hope.

If I blank out in darkness when I sleep
as my brain turns off to restore itself
by processing memories into our soul
while organs of my body function well,
how can my consciousness survive my death
when my body stops functioning at all?

We think our animating soul of life
must remain some unified entity
that shimmers as it seeks another body
because our sense of consciousness glows bright
so we feel we will never cease to be
but my spirit is nothing but the flash
of imagination conjured by brain cells.

The neural network of our flashing brains
generates sense of consciousness we feel
so when our body functions with bright life
our brain can wake again with glow of self,
but when the body dies and falls apart
our consciousness vanishes into nothing
like frail flame of fire snuffed out by cold rain.

I want to stay awake ten thousand years
and dream the history of the universe
so when I eat the mushroom of the mist
I dream all eternity in one hour,
watching the First Flash in the blooming flower.

When I rise up from mute darkness of sleep
my conscious awareness of things blinks on
and I know myself as I float in light.

No comments:

Post a Comment