Monday, September 24, 2018

Assassination Of God

Assassination Of God
© Surazeus
2018 09 23

Ocean waves swirl cold around my bare feet,
indifferent to the sorrows of my heart,
yet I think I hear laughter in their splash
as my tears are washed away in the rain.

I hold small diamond goddess in my hand,
afraid its fragile heart will become cracked,
then flash of lightning illuminates eyes
that stare at me from the bottomless sea.

Shivering in the cold wind, I stand and wait
for someone to attack me from the dark,
but only the wind grabs at me with hands
of hungry horror in the hollow night.

The ocean rises up from dark abyss
and swallows me down into my own dreams
where swirls of sparkling light strike at my eyes
so I float nameless in calm sea of minds.

Men on horses captured me from my village
and forced me to work in garden of herbs
where hundreds of people who never speak
bow their heads low before the men with whips.

They told us El who created the world
watches us from top of the ziggurat
where he rules the world on large throne of gold,
so we must obey or we will be burned.

One day I was given basket of grapes
and told to take it to Temple of El,
so I climbed broad stairs to top of the world,
gazing amazed that I could see so far.

I entered palace garden through gold doors
and saw El lounging on couch by the pool,
gaunt old man with eyes black as the night sea,
so I lay basket of grapes on his table.

Grabbing my arm, he pulled me on his lap,
and kissed me while I put grapes in his mouth,
then filled me with the spirit of his mind,
gripping me tight when I tried to escape.

Snatching sacrificial knife from his belt,
I slashed his throat to escape his vile grip,
and stared astonished as I watched god die,
that immortal god they said watched us all.

Gliding down stairs of the high ziggurat,
I walk down the long market avenue,
and show guards the gold disk with face of El
so they allow me to leave paradise.

Where will I go now, I ask the bright stars
that watch me floating in the ocean tide,
but they twinkle silent indifference
as I savor this strange feeling of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment