Sunday, April 21, 2024

Wake In World of Atoms

Wake In World of Atoms
© Surazeus
2024 04 21

With gesture of my hand to cast dream spell 
I draw pure water from the broken stone 
to lure serpent queen from the singing well 
with tune I play on flute of dragon bone, 
then wake in world of computers and cars 
where fate is not determined by the stars. 

Wild song of Dionysus lures my heart 
to follow signless road to paradise, 
which I map on ever-changing world chart, 
and dance with maenad who seems to be nice, 
then wake in world of hand-held telephones 
where people work to pay off student loans. 

While bearing sword of justice in right hand 
I ride with our king on holy crusade 
to drive evil infidels off our land 
and restore kingdom on Earth Jesus made, 
then wake in world of machine factories 
where republicans destroy monarchies. 

Weird vision of global apocalypse 
glows before my eyes to show fall of gods, 
so I guide pilgrims in fanatic ships 
to escape castles of tyrannic lords, 
then wake in world of companies and banks 
where angels operate airplanes and tanks. 

Official gangster in grand castle court, 
I wear gold crown with jewels of bright stars 
to claim myself vicar of God on Earth 
who reigns with wand of Jupiter and Mars, 
then wake in world of bold democracy 
where presidents guard social liberty. 

Confused by global scheme of nation-states, 
I climb Parnassus to observe the world 
of neighborhoods enclosed by pearly gates, 
and dream Ishtar appoints me cosmic herald, 
then wake in world of corporate entities 
where pop-stars sing of romantic disease. 

Religions of fierce faithful worshippers 
form around prophet-singers and their books 
presenting visions of suffering and cures 
designed by progress of atomic clocks, 
then wake in world of scientific facts 
where keys explain weird magic artifacts. 

Vast puzzle of our world depicts one truth 
in contradictory views of fractured faith 
through diamond eye held by messiah sleuth 
whose spells conjure illusion of God Wraith, 
then wake in world of atoms in the void 
where ideas bloom from the faceless voice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment