Thursday, April 4, 2024

All Souls Will Die

All Souls Will Die
© Surazeus
2024 04 04

Because I receive white chrysanthemums 
from the person I love most in this world 
I will work up courage to gather plums 
from dark valley where the dragon lies curled 
hidden on Parnassus where angels cry 
because every person we love will die. 

Stuck in maze of the weird predicament 
where faceless people share sad tales with me, 
I draw phantom soul of the innocent 
with puzzle shadow of the ardent key 
because I will never understand why 
every organic soul will someday die. 

The dark-eyed junco with slate-colored wings 
on head of the lion statue explains 
why old myths hold secrets of magic rings 
I forge from galaxies of diamond brains 
to help me detect the conceptual lie 
that people who love God will never die. 

Translating vision of my flashing mind 
by typing sentence spells on the blank page, 
I describe with verse in code I designed 
how nonexistent souls rise from the page 
to shout at God who should be in the sky 
that he should not let the faithful ones die. 

To kill vile virus of cruel tyranny 
I must inject fierce dose of wickedness 
in global body of humanity 
that would inoculate pure happiness 
by accepting wisdom of the dream spy 
that every organic creature will die. 

Through adamant courage of the wise seer 
to redesign schema of our world view 
I hurl incongruity of fear 
by speaking truth to power without clue 
for noble project to reclassify 
metrics of compassion that we all die. 

The white fox trotting over hills of snow 
guides me across bleak waste land of my heart 
so I can read Dream Book only gods know 
which details human history in one chart 
that Ishtar asks if I would modify 
to include stark fact that all souls will die. 

I know we all dissolve in mindless breath 
when organic bodies of chemicals 
cease to function in cold regard of death 
so we disperse to floating molecules 
however much we try to justify 
aggressive wars for land where all souls die. 


No comments:

Post a Comment