Monday, April 29, 2024

Singing Angel Of Death

Singing Angel Of Death
© Surazeus
2024 04 29

I follow the amethyst butterfly 
through ghastly forest of obsolete faith 
to grotesque candor of infernal cave 
where dreams of every soul who ever lives 
flicker long scenes on television screens 
that form ommateum of the spider queen. 

Macabre alarm of the orgulous spell 
clangs loudly through excessive halls of steel 
where faceless people run in frantic haste, 
endlessly lost in changing maze of myths, 
to find grand temple of the singing skull 
that morphs into egg of the weeping witch. 

Stuck in the cold white room of nothing else, 
mouth stuffed full of pages from ancient books 
that bleed ominous words from sponge-wet brains 
which transform into golem with pearl eyes 
flashing with bewildered visions of fear, 
I wait for the singing angel of death. 

Dark shadow of my traumatizing hope 
looms over corpse of my dismembered mind 
at whistling wonder of the falling bombs 
that shatter mirror-blanked ghosts of the dead 
who linger near explosive tombs of truth 
enwrapped in wretched laughter of insight. 

Instead of wailing with gnashing of teeth 
in broken-hearted horror as you die 
from body-crushing accident of trust, 
I will sing enchanting psalm of despair 
to soothe your journey to the otherworld 
as your soul vanishes after you die. 

Through devastating awkwardness of love 
based on brutal regret of honest speech 
I climb bizarre walls of paradise lost 
to wander moonlit ruins without books 
in dreadful temple of the laughing god 
while searching for soul of America. 

Yet still glass telephone on the wall rings 
with menacing calm of insistent hope, 
so I reach out my hand across the void 
with trepidatious calm of reckless faith 
which bonds our hearts with romantic rapport 
strong enough to save our souls when we drown. 

When I find the amethyst butterfly 
slowly fanning her wings of arrogance 
on my secret Book of Life by the rose, 
I sip sweet pungent wine of holy blood 
from grail I fashioned from skull of Orpheus 
who weeps for Ophelia in lake of eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment