Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Babylonian Face

Babylonian Face
© Surazeus
2024 04 16

The Babylonian face of the white sheep, 
that stands with noble pride on stony hill, 
announces with voice of enchanting charm 
that God is blazing light in human form 
who sings as serpent in the flowing well 
while I design new global history map. 

Among deadwood at foot of Ararat 
with scythe I use to battle Time and Death, 
I search for valley where the rainbow ends 
to gather olives with old crippled hands 
when Hunger weighs with psychopathic math 
nutritious value of the fruit tree root. 

Commissioned as red arrow of world war, 
I stand on stony hill of singing skulls 
to present how Revelations will play 
on stage where Grendel, as social decoy, 
still manages the bankrupt shopping malls 
where serpents whistle in the jewelry store. 

We breathe the ether of his marriage feast 
at holy ritual of the weeping clown 
who plays chess with the savior grown too old 
to understand weird riddles of the skald 
when he finds out he is the perfect clone 
born from the serpent in love with the ghost. 

I see the sky ascending, red and green, 
at shocking burst of trees with breathing leaves, 
where millions of people compete for prize 
awarded to deceivers by the Muse 
who offers fleeting fame of shadowed caves 
in return for visions of the dream rune. 

With stone of truth, lithe as quick river fish, 
I penetrate bone-crushing waterfall 
to find lost treasure of the dragon queen 
who gives me diamond of the mind machine 
so I memorize lines to play my role 
as cosmic herald hoarding secret stash. 

Reborn from magic of the fairy tale, 
as fool who dances on edge of the cliff, 
I call Rapunzel on the telephone 
to read translation of weird summer rain 
that wakes the dead with honorable laugh 
programmed with code of the Golden Rule. 

The Babylonian face of the wise sheep 
gazes down at me from high pyramid 
with eyes that see beyond dark veil of time, 
so, though my heart still urges me to roam, 
I sit beneath shade of the the holy rood 
then fly to Heaven with my angel cape. 


No comments:

Post a Comment