Friday, April 19, 2024

Controlled By Secret Code

Controlled By Secret Code
© Surazeus
2024 04 19

Stuck in sorrow of unheard messages 
regarding missing vision of the eye, 
I journey across wind-blown passages 
with crushing sense of wonder about why 
we stand paralyzed at edge of despair 
from absence of thunder in misty air. 

Suspicious of desire to search for faith, 
unmindful of loss without anguished dread, 
I wait with voiceless sternness for the wraith 
fleet as mute emissary of the dead 
to bear key for door of forgotten home 
as sentry of Heaven who longs to roam. 

If I abandon bright place of belief 
to bring new book of myths as precious gift, 
your gate attendants who ask for relief 
would choose to ignore broken boats that drift 
lost on swirling currents of cruel regret 
that poisons discourse on the ethernet. 

From rugged hill of skulls and singing stones 
I see arrival of brave travelers 
who ask me how to carve love spells on bones 
which naiads play as flutes in conifers 
that sprout on mountain of the howling god 
who leads fanatics of his drunken squad. 

Yet smooth peak of Takoma reflects light 
that fills my Muse with visions of the world 
transformed by strange machine of the cartwright 
driven from Heaven by the cosmic herald 
who teaches our souls how to navigate 
vast virtual world our brains hallucinate. 

In the glass castle the man with no face 
explains mechanism of the dream clock 
controlled by secret code of the star voice 
that radiates from the billion-year-old rock 
which I roll to top of Parnassus peak 
so I can earn the right of pain to speak. 

When blond witch with the arrogant guitar 
gives magic typewriter to the blind bard, 
I crown her new Empress of Zathamar 
so she can pick lilacs in the dooryard, 
but she bakes cookies with the shy recluse 
who wears mask of my persistent Muse. 

Threatened by conceptual storm of my thoughts 
that crackle when I perform on world stage, 
I juggle nuclear bombs made by robots 
who program tragedy with bitter rage 
till all the players of world politics 
vanish as ghosts through weird poetic tricks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment