Sunday, February 11, 2018

Flower Of Life

Flower Of Life
© Surazeus
2018 02 10

Like the delicate flower that still blooms bright
through the narrow crack in asphalt sidewalk,
your love for me breaks through my haughty heart
to flourish in the desert of my soul.

Though I paved over fields of paradise
with hard cement of factories belching smoke,
in vain attempt to control wealth of love,
seeds of truth burst through cold shell of despair.

I lost your love because I worked too hard,
earning wealth to provide shelter and food
for my family, preserving their lives,
which betrayed your trust in my stewardship.

Sweet Earth, planet that has given me life,
I struggled against monsters of your jungles,
and subdued mindless nature with designs
to build lush paradise that became hell.

I remember the sweet songs of your rivers
that flow down from the mountains of your hope,
and many times hummed with rich melodies
that vibrate in the spirit of your wind.

But factories of my lust to produce goods,
enough to feed billions of human souls,
sludge your rivers with waste of our hard work
and foul your wild winds with poisonous fear.

I leave the loud labyrinth of industry
and search in vain for pristine paradise
where we once feasted on apples of light,
but wander in the waste land I contrived.

This giant sphere of dirt and water spins
on spiral wings through void of hungry death,
yet thrives to nourish plants and animals,
such as flowers that bloom through cracks in our greed.

Somehow I will redesign my industry
to integrate process producing food
with natural chemistry of sweet desire
so we live in harmony with your love.

Your flower of life blooms through cracks in cement
so we will transform waste land of our works
to paradise that supports conscious life,
evolving into angels of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment