Friday, February 9, 2018

Snow Flower

Snow Flower
© Surazeus
2018 02 09

I hear Snow Flower singing in the wind
though she died twenty thousand years ago.
Though all the trees are dead and wind blows cold
she blossoms bright red in the falling snow.

Soft petals of apple trees blow in wind,
falling white as snow to cover the ground.
She dances toward me in the meadow grass,
long hair billowing around her round face.

Her black eyes gleam with ten thousand gold stars
and her smile shines bright as the morning sun.
She plays bone flute by the blue flowing stream
that flashes melodies to pierce my heart.

I lean close to kiss her apple-red lips
as her warm hands embrace my beating heart.
Wide as the clear sky where clouds shimmer white
her eyes enclose me with words of her love.

I see Snow Flower on the mountain top
so I climb jagged cliff to touch her sky.
No trees blossom by the cave of her eyes
where she waits for me in shadows of light.

Though she died twenty thousand years ago
her face still shines in the dreams of my eyes.
I long to wind backward the spinning world
so I can hear the old song of her heart.

I see the contours of her ancient face
in the face of every human on Earth.
I hear the gentle laughter of her voice
in the voice of every human alive.

Though all the trees are dead in falling snow
Snow Flower holds the bright sun in her hand.
She hands me the last apple in the world
so I bury it with her in cold mud.

My sweet Snow Flower froze in winter wind,
turning hard and white as the silent stone.
When the snow melts in the tears of my eyes
new apple trees sprout from her buried heart.

I hear the daughter of Snow Flower sing
when she runs laughing in green wind of Spring.
Smiling with the ancient face of the sun,
she gives me ripe apple from her new tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment