Saturday, February 24, 2018

Next Soul Stage

Next Soul Stage
© Surazeus
2018 02 24

Warm sunlight through swelling trees gleams so bright
it fills my body with pure cosmic light
where I am sitting by the old clock tower
to study the secret life of the flower.

I slowly turn pages in the large book
to read extensive treatises that look
like swarms of tiny ants on dusty mounds
which describe sex in words with mystic sounds.

Three honey bees float spirals on the breeze
around my face, discussing with the trees
those crazy humans and their tendency
to fight to control natural potency.

All real objects of the world are composed
of atoms pulsing with the soul transposed
in flowing bodies we cannot control
that transform in harmony with the whole.

Humans cannot control the elements
regardless of past divine testaments
so we study to learn how nature plays
and surf the flow of its atomic waves.

Like the Arcadian shepherd on lush hill
I sit under World Tree with writing quill
on university campus to write
epic about questers studying the light.

This haven in the grid of city streets
where the curious recline on marble seats
provides the quiet atmosphere of peace
so students learn wisdom of ancient Greece.

This fortress of truth where knowledge may grow
is now besieged by men who strike hard blow
of hatred and fear to control the land
that rewards with false wealth the grasping hand.

We man the walls with pens like fighting spears
and defend freedom of academic spheres
to study nature of the universe
and ensure knowledge of truth stays diverse.

Though we manipulate atomic course
to wield as weapon its soul-blasting force
we must control our blind animal rage
so mankind evolves to the next soul stage.

Over ten thousand years of history
the most aggressive men fight for liberty
to reign as kings and sire strong warrior sons
who assault women and wave angry guns.

Now that we humans dominate the Earth
by assigning every thing fiscal worth
we strive to evolve into super gods
and race the galaxy on star hot rods.

We compete in Olympic sports events
to overcome all base impediments,
and ascend on angelic wings of power
beyond walls of the academic bower.

From shepherd herding sheep on quiet hills
and farmers grinding wheat in clanking mills,
men join gangs to follow the prophet king
who tries to rule the world with magic ring.

My ancestors built ships that sailed the seas
and colonized the world like honey bees,
so I map history on the virtual globe
and send from Earth the far-voyaging probe.

With Percy Shelley holding my right hand
and Emily Dickinson my left hand
we explore the labyrinth of surreal dreams
to understand the secret of the streams.

We find Anne Bradstreet on the cavern throne,
replacing Hades as Queen of the Bone,
so I strum the harp Orpheus gave me
while Ishtar teaches me how to live free.

She leads me to the land of Onatah
where I play the clown with the tragic flaw
to prophesy the Coming of the Queen
who rules the Age of the Thinking Machine.

Beyond the pastoral tale of paradise
demolished by the satire mocking vice
I play grand hero in the epic song
who becomes Jesus disguised as King Kong.

The wise prophet who leads his tribe to heaven
falls from his tragic flaw as social lesson,
so we employ our harnessed human rage
when mankind evolves to the next soul stage.

When the world is burning with wars of hate,
I go watch Maia Shibutani skate,
sweet angel gliding on the ice of time
who flashes eyes of love with graceful rhyme.

Beneath the Tree of Life in glowing light
I eat the Apple of Wisdom and Right
that fills me with the spirit of the stars
so I sing the harmony of the cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment