Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I Am Soul Of America

I Am Soul Of America
© Surazeus
2018 02 14

For I am the soul of America
and the soul of America is me,
therefore I contain multitudes of souls
who sprout as flowers sea to shining sea.

The I in this ode to America
is every person who is ever born
and lives on the land of America,
nourishing my soul with her wind and rain.

America was here on this wide land
long before I was born into its space,
sprouting from its dirt like a dandelion
that cracks the cement of its industry.

America will be remain land of the free
long after I vanish into the wind,
leaving the seeds of my soul in its soil
as the children and the poems I create.

The noble principle of equal justice
and liberty to pursue happiness
for every person who shares this vast land
shall always rule soul of America.

I eat the dirt of this vast continent
because I consume its apples and wheat,
and consume the cows that consume its grass,
which all spring from material of its soil.

My body is composed of its wet soil,
and my brain sparkles from its warm sunlight,
so I am body of America
and my brain is the soul of its wild wind.

America is far bigger than me,
for America is mountains and plains,
and America is rivers and lakes,
and I am one worm devouring its soil.

America is bright spark of desire
that burns in the throbbing hearth of my heart,
and America is the blood that flows
swirling hot through the labyrinth of my veins.

America is the noble Idea
that every person who breathes her wild wind
has the right to transform its mineral soil
into food and machines that we can buy.

Money is the symbol of energy
that proves that I employed labor of my hands
to transform dirt into food and machines
which I sell so I can buy things I need.

America is Death driving the carriage
who stops for me while I walk road of life,
and gives me a ride to eternity
where my body becomes dirt of its land.

I am but the dirt of America
transformed into a conscious human being
and when I die on the long road of life
I return to the dirt of America.

This ode I express from wind of my mouth
is one spell in song of America,
for the vision of these words that I sing
is the vision that America dreams.

When I look at my one face in the mirror
I see one whole face of America
for the face of America is formed
from billions of faces forming one face.

America pulses inside my cells
for America is a virtual world
that flickers fragile flame inside my brain
so I am the soul of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment