Tuesday, February 13, 2018

What Mental Illness

What Mental Illness
© Surazeus
2018 02 13

Though our world seems to be falling apart
and everyone wanders lost in a daze
I tend flame of love glowing in my heart
that guides my way through strange confusing maze.

Each mirror that falls from the wall of tales
I piece together from puzzle of clues
so when the world view we relied on fails
we gather in tree grove to sing the blues.

The Nowhere Man with seven eyes appears,
breaking through door of illusions we built,
to paint surreal visions from ignored fears
and weave new angel wings from crippling guilt.

The bright illusion of our noble nation
crumbles from empty sky where no God dwells
so bankers try to sell us fake salvation
till Ishtar comes at the ringing of the bells.

She places ancient spell book in my hands
and commissions me to solve secret codes
that tune harmony of atomic bands
when rainbows transform into nameless roads.

Far out beyond the crowded city streets
I climb rugged hill to stand in weird wind
before nine wise women in shining seats
who weave galaxies from strands of my brain.

Each shining drop I catch from falling rain
contains great spirit of our universe
which calculates true faith so I can mend
one mask of god from fractured multiverse.

I rebuild the world view that fell apart
on principles of love, clear in the haze,
which programs moral code in springing heart
that guides my way through ever-changing maze.

What mental illness tweaks my clocking mind
to generate illusions of strong faith
so when I must consume juicy fruit rind
my soul evolves from the transcendent wraith?

Our fantasy world is falling apart
in most recent evolutionary phase
so express secret code of your heart
that leads us onward through our endless maze.

I plant seeds of fruit trees in the moist soil
and build pyramids from baked bricks of mud,
then design piston engine slurping oil
to lubricate factories with Terran blood.

I stuff black powder in the iron tube
then pack it tight with silver sphere of breath
so when I spark it with the flaming loop
I rule the world with magic wand of death.

We build new weapons of fear to control
billions of people with the threat of death
so while I live I play the divine role
of charging people taxes for each breath.

The emperor of the world in tall glass tower
issues decrees to control sun and rain
but salvation blooms in the secret flower
that grows in my stoic rebellious brain.

I break ten thousand mirrors to explore
beyond the walls of paradise we pile
till I discover real eternal door
where I dance with death in elegant style.

I build new world view that will fall apart
after I lead everyone through the maze
to show evolution of mind and heart
which solves paradox of the learning gaze.

Each glowing sphere I catch from falling rain
reflects weird world view of the White Whole
which reveals time maze in our Cosmic Brain
that helps me design my own special role.

What mental illness swirls my dreaming brain
to dramatize the game of human life
so when I run home in the pouring rain
I give the pot of honey to my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment