Saturday, February 3, 2018

Universal Song Of Love

Universal Song Of Love
© Surazeus
2018 02 03

With fluffy little clouds in blue dawn sky,
tainted purple by the mystery of death,
I relax at the little round black table
and type this song on the screen of my laptop.

The man who won a literary prize
sits in the park where white swans flap their wings
and feels our planet spinning in the void
since our souls are candle flames in cold rain.

I shout at the horror of pain and death,
and wince at the memory of suffering,
then savor sweetness of health I enjoy
before time grinds my sponge brain into dust.

I stand before the audience in book store
and recite lines of broken verse I felt
jolting my soul like the electric fence,
then they award me prize for the best lies.

I entertained one small fraction of people
on one planet in one plain galaxy
in one enormous flashing universe
where zillions of galaxies teem with life.

Is my one voice no more than whispering leaf
in sprawling forest of towering trees,
or do I sing in harmony with wind
that pulses across the whole universe?

Time processes weird changes of desire
while I dream I float among singing stars
because flowers bloom with or without me
and I drink rain to wake from dirt sleep.

Pulsing atoms that flash my heartbeat echo
ticking turmoil of tinged galactic waves
which coil taut my will, urged by hungry hope,
so I stop on your crowded street and sing.

I sing into infinity of death,
like frail candle flickering in rain storm,
till nothingness seems to comprehend me,
and darkness laughs as it snuffs out my soul.

One hour of infinite time I sing softly
as the breeze that caresses flower petals,
expressing briefly my joy to feel light,
then silence looms dark for ten billion years.

I sing this vision like small pebble thrown
in vast ocean that causes ringing ripple
that will vibrate long after our world dies,
then splash into some planet not yet formed.

Ten billion years ago on distant world
young girl sitting by clear stream in cool woods
sang sweet longing to embrace one she loved,
and just now her song vibrates in my brain.

On every world that will ever exist
in each galaxy of our vast universe
zillions of spirits evolving from rain
sing the glowing light of infinite love.

Together in galactic choirs of souls
we all sing the universal song of love
that weaves numberless planets in one web
so sing today though tomorrow we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment