Electric God Rays © Surazeus 2026 10 11 When I was a young boy in Fort Worth, Texas we always ate Roman Meal Bread for lunch, with slice of Nuteena fried in the pan, so I would picture myself as Apollo strumming the golden lyre of Mercury while soldiers maintained peace of our empire. While I was attending the first grade at Morningside Elementary School, we rode the bus to the bread factory on Summit Avenue in Fort Worth, Texas that Ninnie Baird founded in her back yard, and watched them bake bread on conveyor belts. Sitting at the wood table in the kitchen every morning before going to school, I smoothed peanut butter on slice of bread, then gooped strawberry jam with gentle care, which I placed in the small brown paper sack with the monkey tail of my last name Craig. I remember riding our red Volkswagen through the debris-littered streets of Forth Worth one rain-wet morning of electric sun after hippies demonstrated all night against the brutal war in Vietnam, and staring at a mattress that was burned. In early morning hours before dawn when my mother drove us to the daycare, I heard some guy on the radio sing Bye, bye, Miss American Pie, I drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry, them good old American boys. That song still echoes in my heart today and vibrates in every song I compose which rings in waves of subtle prophecy to shake foundation of cruel tyranny so we can rebuild our democracy after long autumn of the patriarch. I fail learning to sing with the Quaint Voice prized by School of Domestic Quietude where poets contemplate their fraught childhoods as if we are frazzled psychiatric patients with sponge brains zapped by electric god rays as incarnation of Phoebus on Earth. I can no longer find in grocery stores orange bags with Roman Meal Bread for lunch, so I strum lyre of Mercury and sing about the fall of empires when cruel tyrants seize control over the mans of production till we follow Liberty up from Hell.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Sunday, October 11, 2026
Electric God Rays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus hangs out with Ted Kooser and some poet wanna-be loser, making Nuteena sandwiches with Roman Meal Bread, while terrorists ducks attack hippies.
ReplyDelete