New Truth In Byzantium © Surazeus 2026 10 07 Since I find new truth in Byzantium in scrappy gardens of the laughing skull, I flirt with Death who smiles at me with eyes that mirror galaxies of flashing stars to cherish virtue of pretentious faith that helps me translate water song of love. If I should recognize my holy ghost who drifts among old apple trees of fate, I may learn secret of Byzantium concealed in cedar box with golden lock that gleams ephemeral as fragrant joy my love exudes while lounging by the pool. To measure gravity of drifting clouds that veil swift airplane with projective voice, I stand on glistening bridge of evermore that spans abyss of swirling arrogance as proof I must purchase right to exist from every stranger I may never meet. Thus I cast victimhood into the trash because I want to eat the shepherd pie while showing constellations to the child who wonders at the story of the snake who transforms into queen of bubbling wells because I sing on moonless summer nights. Entranced by how cicadas sing of light beneath the sprawling stars of honesty, I read strange omen in the eagle flight about the guardian of the apple tree who builds another bank beside the lake and offers loans to farmers in the dell. Though I have traveled far around the world with wings of angels tucked into my pack, I purchase jar of honey, and blue cheese, at small family store by the river bridge, then give my voice to stranger at the door who gives me book of grief to keep the score. Reprising sacred role of global seer, which I perform on stage of tragedy, I type strange story of the hungry girl who walks across the field of screaming trees so I can understand her bitter words when she gives me egg of the serpent god. Carving spell of wisdom with demon bone in runes on Emerald Tablet of Untime, I channel energy of my brain soul to wake Star Ghost of Lake Ontario who asks me with flirtatious grin of hope about truth I found in Byzantium.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Wednesday, October 7, 2026
New Truth In Byzantium
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus records the new truth of Byzantium in the holy scriptures of the Thirteenth Testament of Zarathia that guides mankind to the new age of global peace and prosperity.
ReplyDelete