Church Of Bitter Prayer © Surazeus 2026 10 07 Trapped by sharp lethargy of innocence, we drift the midnight sidewalk of desire to find the purple haze of shocking truth that veils our long-healed hearts with nonchalance through incoherent laughter of sad faith that we lose our souls in the photo booth. Strange flower on the roadless mountain slope gleams in electric smile of bitter ghosts whose voices taste like silver light of dawn despite confusing absence of jasmine crushed by careless joy of city car tires that glisten in the rain of reptile faith. No one will ever see ghost of my being sitting on roof of the haunted hotel, because I twang decisive nerves of steel when death employs belligerent respect while driving old truck on the dusty road far past the last gas station of fooled hearts. Too lonesome for the chance to cry for real in performative display of victimhood, I sing with angels on the radio about the true love I left back in town who may wonder if I am still alive somewhere outside the church of bitter prayer. I refuse to pay the cost of wild joy while driving nowhere on the lost highway, since time cannot undo my noble deeds protecting women from aggressive men who leave me bruised and beaten on the ground long enough for her to fly up to Heaven. Though I love the land where I was born, and grew up running in lush river vales, I journey to escape liars and thieves who figured out how to steal all my land, and build another home far from my home that shelters children I tend with calm care. I hold this world together with strange words though the mountains of my youth call my name, because I scatter prayers on rancid soil that redesign wild spirit of my flesh so I become another human being by wearing mask of a long-forgotten god. Because I catch flame in the ether zone while soaring on fear-fueled Icarian wings, my words become the hex of secret truth that breaks hard walls in church of bitter prayer so we treasure our darling thoughts of hope and frame them with theology of growth.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Wednesday, October 7, 2026
Church Of Bitter Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus preaches salvation of genetic reincarnation in the church of bitter prayer where horses and goats sing hymns with solemn faith in the grass.
ReplyDelete