Woods Of My Aching Heart © Surazeus 2026 10 05 What shining spirit of justice and order may power my subjection of despair, Shamash defeating Humbaba with light, Apollo vanquishing Python with wisdom, Jesus overcoming Satan with love, or Beowulf battling Grendel with honor? What dark obscure woods of my aching heart must I explore with lamp of timeless faith, though sun-gilded tears may stream down my face, strange paradise of uncivilized passion entrapping me in labyrinth of despair, till I face snake-haired monster of blind lust? If monstrous demon of my wounded heart howls at my face with mocking disrespect, then cracks the mountain of the rumbling world by smacking my frail soul against the Earth, will I wake roaring flame of innocence to rise on wings and fight my hungry greed? If primal nature of my monkey soul is severed from angelic glow of faith that beams from spinning iron core of Earth, will I be baptized in pool of desire and cleansed of wolfish rage inside my heart by tender compassion of my sweet bride? Once I rise tall from muck of psychic birth and transcend monstrous passion of my heart to confirm my soul through strict self-control, will I evolve from mad demon of Hell to transform through creative offering to wise angel of Heaven with eight wings? Once Ishtar offers me her fertile heart in marriage that combines body and soul, and asks me with seductive voice of trust to fertilize her with gift of my fruits, as Eve ate Apple to generate life, will I design new world view for mankind? Where will I wander to find nameless ghost who falls in bottomless abyss of death after I slay great bull of the Sun God and feast on steaks I roast on flame of faith, to weep for Lycidas and Adonais while lost in endless labyrinth of Hell? Where will I build the house of seven doors, constructing wall with thirty-three watch towers, and plant Garden of Eden to raise children, when the lightning storm destroys it with flood that demolishes everything I make, so I sing alone on the river shore?
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Monday, October 5, 2026
Woods Of My Aching Heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus attends school of writing where Sin-Leqi-Unninni teaches art of composing verse to relate the tale of how Gilgamesh learns to be a Good Leader.
ReplyDelete