Faceless Ghosts Of Vanity © Surazeus 2026 08 22 With elegant grace of artistic faith I stroll awed along labyrinthine streets over sculptured bridge of the timeless river in majestic city of golden light where sun-bleached marble temples crown high hills as silent sentinels of grand events. On time-worn cobblestones of urgent care, where centuries of footsteps echo soft, I wander slow past weathered stone facades encrusted with dust of eras long past, to explore crumbling palaces of pride where spirits of antiquity watch me. Beneath palimpsest of history I read tales of many generations concealed in monumental plays of fortitude, performed by long-forgotten dynasties in chronicles of sorrow etched in stone by endless wind of change that knows my name. Anchored in bedrock of brave principles on foundation fused in soil of desire, this sprawling palace of some tyrant king arrests the natural landscape with contempt, now heavy with unspeakable despair that still asserts authority of death. Despite bombastic arrogance of time that crushes dynasties of kings to dust, I stroll with ostentatious obviousness that my genetic coils of spirit grief unravel from flesh of those royal fools who crowned themselves great rulers over fate. Awake this prayerless hour of vivid hope in open-air archive of human triumph, that pulses still beneath ruins of fate, I explore grand monument of endurance, that looms proud against erosion of time, at veil worn thin between me and the past. These standard feelings of the long-gone past, that shimmers in sunrays on feet-worn streets, stir in hearts of every human being who visits ancient cities of the world, so I must laugh that my heart feels them too, though I wear mask of innocent respect. Trapped by nostalgia for time-unspooled past, I photograph with eye-phone of my heart myself before grand monuments to pride where men who played god on stage of this city are now but faceless ghosts of vanity whose selfish commands whisper in the breeze.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Faceless Ghosts Of Vanity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus photographs selfies of himself all over the city of Rome, then posts them on social media for his friends back home in Glasgow and Seattle.
ReplyDelete