Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Delusions Of Global Conquest

Delusions Of Global Conquest
© Surazeus
2026 08 19

If I should find myself under attack 
by gangs of thieves hostile to my free will, 
I may hope Aphrodite would appear 
to whisk me away in cloud of concern, 
like she sheltered Paris from Menelaus, 
because my heart is full of love for life. 

I pray to Goddess of Beauty and Love 
to veil my fragile soul of naive hope 
from social predators, armed with state laws, 
who try to scam my innocent respect 
with lucrative return on vested funds, 
and bear me to safe haven in her heart. 

Were clever Eris, Trickster of Desire, 
to toss Apple of Chaos at my feet, 
so Goddesses of Wisdom, Love, and Power, 
were to tempt me with treasures of their hearts, 
I like to think my mind would analyze 
best scene that fosters spiritual success. 

While I decide which path I want to take 
that guides me to domestic quietude, 
I must descend to Underworld of dreams 
to ask Achilles and Odysseus 
which goddess I should choose to risk my fate, 
whose fortunes present results of Free Will. 

Perhaps I may find Dante by the pool, 
where Narcissus listens to Echo sing, 
so he will guide me to the Promised Land 
in lush Edenic vales of Idaho 
where I travel on the Oregon Trail 
to escape slaughter of religious wars. 

With spirit of Adam I tend fruit trees 
to fight deceptive serpent with gold eyes, 
inspired by Jesus son of Jupiter, 
because I choose to consume Fruit of Faith 
that opens my Third Eye of Star Insight 
to help me perceive essence of all things. 

With courage of brave Arthur of the Stone, 
descendent of Jehovian Fisher King, 
and Marya Magdalena, Mermaid Queen, 
I bear the bloody cross of holy war 
to build ten thousand towers of white stone, 
constructing Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. 

All these delusions of global conquest, 
that drove my ancestors two thousand years 
to colonize every nation on Earth, 
now dissipate in wordless glow of dawn, 
so I drink from the Holy Grail of Truth 
in my self-made role as Messiah Sleuth. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus lectures about the dual epic heroes, the flawed mortal and the perfect god, to students of historical poetics at the University of Zarathia.

    ReplyDelete