Wednesday, December 20, 2017

What Makes Liberty

What Makes Liberty
© Surazeus
2017 12 20

Way out beyond the light of ancient stars
we flash our brains toward vast infinity.
We drive around city mazes in cars,
arguing about what makes Liberty.

Our world keeps spinning in the boundless void
while we keep eating with the ones we love.
What makes us human beyond the android
who believes in a powerful God above?

We crouch in muddy field after pouring rain
and twist thin stick to spark new warming fire.
We search for God among clouds in the plane
but find the last king on his funeral pyre.

I will visit your cathedral to sing
these visions that flash in my dreaming eyes.
Who remembers why we replaced the king
with the president who employs quick spies?

Sordello taught me how to sing weird spells
that inspire us to dance in falling light.
We walk through gray mist at the peal of bells
to hear greedy priests discuss wrong and right.

The woman cries, my body is my own,
so I will act according to my will.
When the maiden transforms into the crone,
will she show me her lost apple-tree hill?

I follow her steps in bright swirling mist
beyond the crumbling walls of paradise.
Alone, I remember when we first kissed,
how her heart tasted of honey and spice.

I stand in cold wind under Tree of Life
and watch glass cities sprout from castle towers.
How can we convert peace from civil strife
when bankers charge us to remember flowers?

When Orpheus descends to the Underworld
we follow his song in the blinding dark.
I dream when atoms of creation whirled
to generate my soul from neuron spark.

I agree that swords and guns do not kill,
but angry people use them to kill more.
Who chooses to fight than learn crafting skill,
to make and sell goods in the market store?

When I was young I wandered city streets,
lost in vast maze of opportunity.
I followed weird rhythm of chanting Beats
who defied bankers with impunity.

Enclosed within this frail body of flesh,
we explore our world to map mystery.
Who can better measure my heartbeat rate,
the goddess of love or of liberty?

Torricelli measured pressure of weight,
raising water with force of Mercury.
I sit on the top of the ziggurat
to eat salad of figs and succory.

I explore maze of your heart with loving stealth
to understand what motivates your core.
Why does one person gain great fame and wealth
when another deserves success much more?

The gods we worship are but idols beamed
as vivid characters from words we read.
When the blind fool wakes up and is redeemed
we rejoice and admire their noble deed.

The young boy, aided by the wise old man,
defeats the tyrant who controls our souls.
Who rewrites history according to plan
that can activate our progressive goals?

The man whose children rule nations for years
they worship as god who transcended death.
We leave our home to colonize frontiers
and build global empire on psychic breath.

Though my ancestors ruled kingdoms of men,
I want to build river boats with my hands.
Who is that cute girl singing in the glen,
who one day will rule as queen of all lands?

I walk Onatah, sea to shining sea,
revealed as America melts away.
I will fight to keep this land ever free
from fascist preachers who demand we pray.

We humans are God waking up from dream,
for consciousness glows from our brains alone.
Who will sail with me down time-winding stream
to infinite sea of the twilight zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment