Thursday, December 7, 2017

Rise And Fall Of Another Tyrant King

Rise And Fall Of Another Tyrant King
© Surazeus
2017 12 07

When my pretty mother abandons me
at the gate of the warrior training camp,
I cling to her legs and question her why,
but she pries me loose to push me in dust.

I went to meet my lover by the lake
but your father knocked him out with a stick,
then raped me though I tried hard to escape,
so I was forced to bear you from my womb.

You always cling to me with hungry lust
and never go away to leave me free,
so in your face I see the man I hate,
the tyrant who forced me to bear his child.

The soldiers drag me inside their camp walls
and force me to run by beating my legs,
and force me to fight back with battle wand,
till I can defeat dozens in one fight.

Clutching spear and shield, we march out to war,
and attack God who rules on ziggurat,
but his strong warriors slaughter all my friends,
so I flee into the waste land of fear.

I crawl among the broken smoking rocks
and drink dirty water from weeping pools,
then eat lizards and insects in the dust
as stars pierce my heart with hungry despair.

The dragon runs toward me over sharp rocks
and snaps at my legs with jaws of sharp teeth,
so I yank jagged rod from crumbling mud
and smash its skull as I howl with hot rage.

Wrapping leaves of plants tight around my legs,
I nurse bleeding wounds till the skin heals closed,
then climb jagged rock to cling in despair
when dragons crowd close, snapping their sharp jaws.

Digging plates of bright metal from the dust,
I bind them with vines tight around my legs,
till I cover myself with shining shards
that clank when I walk in the scorching sun.

Gripping spears in each hand, I stand on rock
and howl in defiance at snapping jaws
when dragons race each other to attack,
but their teeth break harmless on metal armor.

Slashing open their bellies with sharp blade,
I drink the blood of dragons till my heart
burns brighter than the suns of empty skies,
and I dance with the lightning strikes of storms.

I walk to the ziggurat where God reigns
and climb the stairway to heaven with courage,
laughing when spears bounce off my armored chest,
and push open the doors to paradise.

I stand before the throne of shining gold
where the old frail man rules as the world god,
then I throw him down and I crush his skull,
and place his jeweled crown on my own head.

Now I reign as God on high ziggurat
and feast on fresh fruit and bread of the fields,
when everyone kneels before me and prays,
worshipping me as divine God in flesh.

From the line of worshippers in grand hall
my mother steps forward in flowing gown,
standing with her husband and seven sons,
who bow and acknowledge me as world god.

I step from the gold throne with beating heart
and lift her to her feet with trembling hands
and all the crowd of worshippers gasps loud
as I call her mother and kiss her head.

Though my heart broke with sorrow and despair
when you abandoned me at warrior camp
they trained me to fight with courage and speed
then I defeated the dragons of hell.

Now I rule as strongest god in the world
so you will join me here in temple hall,
and your seven sons, brothers from your womb,
will help me rule the nations of our land.

Sitting on the high gold throne of world power,
I spread my arms and declare peace on Earth,
for we will conquer and rule all the world,
and all nations will prosper from my reign.

My mother brings large shining cup of juice
so I accept it from her gentle hands,
then drink the sweet juice from the Tree of Life,
and smile with joy at the worshipping crowd.

Burning fire courses through my throbbing veins
and terrible pain of horrible fear
stabs at my mind with blinding flash of light
as I writhe in agony of despair.

Reaching out my arms with questioning trust,
I call to my mother in agony,
but she turns her face away as I scream,
shocked to realize that she had poisoned me.

They throw my body down ziggurat stairs
where I lie paralyzed in field of dung
and stare at the stars that burn through my soul
till mushrooms sprout white from my rotting brain.

Children gather around my broken skull
and listen to the old blind woman sing
rise and fall of another tyrant king
who crowns himself as god to rule the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment