Thursday, December 21, 2017

Endless Song Of Sea Waves

Endless Song Of Sea Waves
© Surazeus
2017 12 21

Flurries of blue snow in the freezing wind
blast our faces with bitter memories
as we stand stalwart on the jagged cliff
and sing the ache of sea waves crashing wild.

While we were holding hands in ring of stones
to celebrate the rebirth of the sun,
fierce men on horses, wielding sun-flash swords,
thundered through our village just after sunset.

Shouting that Jesus is king of the world,
they hacked off the heads of our chanting men
and bound the hands of our women with ropes,
then took them to their castles to bear sons.

Clinging to each other in shock of death,
my sister and I stare out at black sea,
and listen to lamentations of waves
that crash against broken rocks of our hearts.

The burning sun sinks down into the waves,
extinguishing all hope at end of time
on the longest night of the year when death
clutches at the frail beating of my heart.

Hugging each other in the small cliff cave,
we spiral dizzy into starless sky
and drift on buffeting wind of despair,
sure that warm sun will never rise again.

I see them flock around me in the gloom,
the spirits of my family glowing silver
as the moon that shimmers through apple trees,
but their eyes burst into rivers of tears.

Gushing river of horror floods the world,
and laughing hordes of water men, with hands
of shearing ice, clutch at my racing heart
while I tumble dizzy in swirling waves.

Eternal blackness swallows me in doom
and all the sparkling stars inside my soul
wink out at gusting wind of whispering sorrow,
and all life vanishes in boundless void.

Naked in the dark I wake at dim flash
when dawn sun gleams green through swirling rain clouds,
and I touch my sister in the blue cave
but she lies frosted white, peaceful in death.

The new-born sun gleams gold into my cave
and red rhythm of my heart beats with joy
as I savor the sharp tingle of heat
that pierces my soul with infinite love.

I am not yet dead, I shout to the sky,
and walk the sandy beach in sparkling waves
that kiss my feet with smiling eyes of light,
while breathing deep the green wind of rebirth.

Eating plump strawberries from sea-cliff vines,
I sing the glory of the reborn sun
and feel the spirits of my family glow
when I stretch my arms to embrace the world.

Though all the vibrant people whom I loved
disappeared from the bright dream of my eyes
I feel them still alive inside my heart
that beats with the endless song of sea waves.



No comments:

Post a Comment