Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Lucifer On Parnassus

Lucifer On Parnassus
© Surazeus
2017 12 27

I wandered long across the land alone,
singing visions of my heart on the street
to beam the light of hope in gloom of fear
and glow bright in the darkness of despair.

Now we are all connected by the wires
of clear communication through quick sparks
that beam our voices on the internet
when we craft our persona on Face Book.

Where once I felt alone in silent gloom
I see ten thousand other poets shine
by singing visions of their hope for love
that generates strong shield against harsh death.

Though each poet sings alone in their town
we all together sing in one great choir
that vibrates visions in harmonious tune
across the crowded land of teeming towns.

Yet sometimes light of poets glares so bright
my own light seems to dim in blasting beams,
and I retreat into my secret cave
where I long tend small flame of my song craft.

Then chilling rage of jealousy for fame
swells thicker from my hungry heart of lust
and twanging note of hope for thought control
twists tighter in crippled Icarian wings.

Though I was soaring high on wings of faith
I feel the flame of power burn from the sun
and seeking fame I rise to touch the light
that beams from source of inspiring desire.

But just as darkness of jealousy yaws
to swallow down my fragile flame of song
down in deep bottomless pit of despair
I twist away from death on wings of love.

I feel the flames of inspiration burn
my frail Icarian wings, so I fall back
and tumble down into the cave of silence
where I crawl blind in darkness of my rage.

Then just as silence seems to crush my soul
in cruel war to obliterate words
of my harmonious song in silent death,
I feel the flame of love inside my heart.

Down in the darkness of the deep abyss
I see strange creatures moving in the gloom
and when they raise their faces to my view
I see my own soul beaming in their eyes.

Though many eloquent poets stride bold
in public squares to sing enchanting words,
and revel in the cheer of loud acclaim,
such moments of glory vanish in night.

I reach my hand in seething lava dreams
and clutch at concepts of my teeming brain
then mold from river mud the face of God
who dwells in every human soul alive.

I clutch the quick elusive flame of thought
and string bright molecules of flashing words
to capture flowing vision of weird truth
so words of song gleam diamonds on gold crown.

From cave of silence I ascend on wings
of winding love to soar among the clouds
where I sing visions of my aching heart
that flash as lightning before thunder cracks.

Though I fell from the pyramid of Heaven
where famous poets sing before large crowds
I walk the desolate waste land of our culture
and sing for wandering tribes of wordless souls.

I hold aloft the light of truth I spark
to beam my vision of engendering love
that guides lost souls from bleak waste land of truth
to garden haven where we share fresh fruit.

We sit around the hearth of glowing light
and share the stories of our aching hearts
then tend the fruit trees with our crafting hands
to brew sweet juice we drink in silent night.

No comments:

Post a Comment