Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sea Of Dreaming Souls

Sea Of Dreaming Souls
© Surazeus
2017 12 31

I want to leave the city of despair
where flashing lights of pop tunes blind our eyes
and sit on broken rock by flowing stream
to hear the ancient song of Earth swirl soft.

Ten thousand singers dance on stage of fame
and sing about the broken heart in love
while prophet from the waste land walks alone
and buries words of truth beside the road.

Because you worship mask that hides my face
and praise me for my spells that conceal truth
I turn away and walk the woods alone
so you can only hear wind of my thoughts.

I once stood proud beside the shining king
but when I denounced his actions of greed
he threw me from the tower in falling rain
and now I limp in shadows of despair.

Now I erase my name from history books
to hide safe from the agents of his will
who plan to crucify me in the rain
since I proclaim his evil to the world.

The pretty singer singing in spotlights
how every cute boy always breaks her heart
steps off the stage to hide in silent shade
and weeps because she wants to sing pure truth.

I reach down in the dark well of my heart
to find fresh water bubbling from the Earth
that will refresh the souls of listeners
who follow my footsteps from loveless hell.

We dance in ecstasy beyond midnight,
leaping high to escape grim gravity
that always pulls us back down to hard Earth
though we long to glide gracefully in stars.

I leap on the strong wall of paradise
before it crumbles in the rain of time
to describe the strange world beyond high walls
to people hiding from monsters in fear.

All singers in the history of the world
imitate Orpheus when they descend
to the dark underworld of our weird dreams
and lead our souls back to paradise lost.

Death always walks by our side on the road
of life to teach both pleasure and pain,
so we sing to entertain Death a while
and shine to keep silent darkness at bay.

Though death will swallow us all down in time
our songs of insight shine to keep alive
the shimmering vision of heaven we beam
from aching ecstasy of melodies.

I sing against the gloom crushing my heart
and maintain sheen of illusion this hour
when the world spins on into the vast void
back toward the sun that beams life in our hearts.

Just at the moment that our spinning world
reaches the farthest point from the warm sun
that it will fly around curving ellipse
we sing in hope the world will stay in orbit.

Our world could spin just far enough beyond
in swift velocity of whirling dance
that it could snap the twang of gravity
and fly far out into the lightless void.

Yet at the turning of the year we feel
the gravity of love our warm sun beams
sling Earth back on the curve of its ellipse
so life will flourish still on spinning sphere.

I sit outside my house on new year eve
and watch the ancient stars twinkle all night,
knowing all those stars vanished long ago
while new stars connect in vast crystal web.

Perhaps each black hole forms huge crystal brain
that holographs spiral of galaxies
and channels conscious dream into my brain
so every neuron sparkles with its love.

Yet I sit alone in cool silent night
on spinning world where seven billion souls
feel sparkle of the light from flashing sun
whose atoms shimmer in our dreaming brains.

We are alone yet connected to all,
individual minds blinking our own thoughts
in ever-surging sea of dreaming souls
so I return to sing romantic spells.

No comments:

Post a Comment