Monday, December 11, 2017

Gods On Earth

Gods On Earth
© Surazeus
2017 12 11

When I was young I saw Gods walk on Earth,
enormous people who stood tall as clouds,
and when they reached their hands they touched the sky,
and held the blazing sun with grasping hands,
and hurled lightning bolts in battles for power.

I saw those giant Gods with flowing hair
and eyes that flashed with laughter of the rain
perform amazing deeds of awesome strength,
lifting mountains and trees with their huge hands
and building giant towers that housed the sun.

When I was young those Gods who walked on Earth
reached down from shining sky with open hands
and lifted me up high toward flashing clouds
where I could see the whole world they create,
and they gazed up at me with loving eyes.

But as I grew the Gods I once adored
diminished from their grandiose size of power
and shriveled into weakening human beings
who gazed into my eyes from level plane
until they vanished from their wrinkled corpse.

The Gods who once strode tall across the sky
shrank down to humans walking at my side
then vanished into dust that swirls in wind,
and then I found myself growing more tall
and one day looked down at my awe-struck child.

When he was young my child gazed up at me
as if I were some giant grandiose God
who reaches up my hands to touch the sky,
and hurls the blazing sun with grasping hands,
and heaps huge stones to build the temple hall.

So then I realized with great booming laugh,
like thunder echoing between high mountain peaks,
that God was my own father with bright eyes,
and now I am God who rules the whole world,
and one day my son will be God on Earth.

So now that I am God who walks on Earth
I reach from shining sky with open hands
and lift my son up high toward flashing clouds
where he can see the whole world I create,
and I gaze up at him with loving eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment