Saturday, December 9, 2017

Run With Trees In Rain

Run With Trees In Rain
© Surazeus
2017 12 09

When the laughing tree came running at me
out of the rain that falls from eyes of mothers
I hid in the light of forgotten dreams
till I could discover her secret name.

She sent flocks of ravens on beating wings
to bring me mushrooms from the cave of dreams
so when I ate them at the flash of dawn
I saw the evolution of all things.

While I was floating in the dream of time
on shimmering waves of transforming masks
I heard the music of the universe
pulsing from each particle of my soul.

Though my flashing brain can only control
this body of bones and flesh through the maze
of dancing trees, I feel the vibrant flow
of mountains and rivers inside my heart.

Each atom of my body was designed
by pulsing sun that forges from hot flames
bright neurons writing visions in my brain
so I blossom from the seed of my star.

So when I wandered lost in maze of shadows
the singing tree came forward from the rain
and showed me how to walk her secret way
beyond the blinding walls my fathers built.

I climbed the smiling tree to reach the sky
and there she showed me how the twinkling stars
beamed molecules to weave from aching rays
this beating heart that longs for raven wings.

But when my father woke me before dawn
and placed the sharp axe in my trembling hand
I wept that the trees I love could not run
through comforting rain to escape from death.

My father showed me how to build this dome
of solid timber perched on ring of stones
to shelter your souls from enlightening rain
who teaches us the ancient song of stars.

I laid my dead father in river mud
and berry vines curled from his beating heart
to bleed his pure soul in succulent berries
that nourish our minds when we drink his dreams.

Now his spirit of wisdom glows in me
that proves I am the tree who runs in rain
and plants the seeds of stars in fertile eyes
so children spring singing from open hands.

Hold hands in ring of stones on winter night
and sing sweet hymns about the shining sun
that will return to revive the dead world
and kiss apples blooming again from trees.

That, my curious child, is what I perceive
when I visit Stone Henge, the ring of stones
where we once gathered on midwinter night
to sing of stars and feast on apple pies.

We carry their ancient songs in our hearts
that teach us how the stars beam vibrant soul
to animate our minds with hungry love
so we can run with trees in flashing rain.

When you want to understand how our souls
were born from the blossoming seeds of stars
run with trees in rain and sing secret names
that beam from heart of every person born.

The trees rose from the ripe womb of the sea
billions of years before we crawled up streams,
and filled the sky with oxygen we breathe
then gave us fruit to wake our minds from dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment