Saturday, December 30, 2017

Tune Of My Soul

Tune Of My Soul
© Surazeus
2017 12 30

We give each other secret masks to wear
and wrap our feelings as presents with bows
then set them under tree of blinking lights
where sorrow of apples uneaten rot.

The puzzle of relationships we carve
from photographs that we forgot we snapped
we scatter on the kitchen table where
children assemble stories from lost fears.

We talk about everything but our hopes
when we walk around the lake in the park
where lovers never meet to kiss in trees
so we can discard broken masks of lies.

Everything I ever said before now
swirls away like leaves on the winds of time
so I must pluck new words from tree of dreams
and design new puzzle that we must solve.

I understand the language ravens sing
whose spells explain how to navigate love
and avoid the silent secret of death
till we finish playing role we wrote ourselves.

I made myself this pair of wings from fear
so I could fly above weird maze of hopes
that beam from minds of everyone alive
and flash across the mirror of my eyes.

I stop somewhere in the maze of the world
and map the journey I blazed across time
but find my path spells words I cannot read
so I wander on somewhere I am not.

I calculate the reason I exist
with formulas I stole from science books
and conclude I am cloud of chemicals
that generates virtual world in my brain.

We are happy when we run in the rain
that falls during Shakespeare theater show
we were watching one summer afternoon
and step through the white mirror of our love.

All the books and movies I ever dreamed
flash through the tangled neurons of my brain
to weave virtual planet inside my head
that I know but imitates the real world.

The clothes we wear to present gender roles
beam out the glamorous illusion of self
so we may attract the mate we desire
to share united journey through the world.

Whatever role I play in game of life
I hope to nourish sweet pleasure of love
so I sing visions sparkling in my brain
till death mutes vibrating tune of my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment