Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Tree Of Leafy Thoughts

Tree Of Leafy Thoughts
© Surazeus
2024 04 10

Sad bird that chirps in tree of leafy thoughts, 
whose restless wings sweep rain clouds to the west, 
wants to reveal to me my fractured fears 
so I perceive strange beauty of this world 
in how routine of hope my hands express 
sustains my cautious journey to its end. 

For all the treasures of my aching heart, 
I give with generous passion to the world, 
I hear no more than echo of my voice 
reflect acknowledgement of eager joy 
encased on gilded box of safe success 
which Pandora never opens with pride. 

Though Death, the tallest king who walks the Earth, 
unstrings my bones to string her golden lyre, 
I dance among wildflowers with sweet wind 
who shows me our world without certainty 
that I am sure is real as stones in streams 
since I was born from the vast writhing sea. 

With analytic passion of mushrooms 
I transform occult dreams of faceless souls 
from screaming slime of sun-heated tide pools 
to elegant apple trees on lush hills 
where horses swish long tails in timeless shade 
while lovers eat forbidden fruit of truth. 

With woven baskets on our curious arms 
we gather eggs of demons from dark glen, 
mottled ovals lodged in volcanic rocks, 
then gather inside garden walls of stone 
to boil them in cauldron of Ceridwen 
who explains how we breathe spirit of life. 

Yet when I climb high mountain of delight 
to take off my face, and offers its name 
to shocking beauty of this world we love, 
I cannot find map of the Earth I drew 
from tangled dreams of people I once loved 
who must be floating somewhere on the sea. 

Extreme diagnosis of white moonlight 
excites reluctant children to play chase 
who search old bushes for mystery of faith 
enshrined in chapel by the waterfall 
where salmon leap toward heaven on frail wings 
to prove the resurrection is not real. 

When I was young my blue eyes searched the sky 
for silver whisper of meaning which frames 
celestial serpent of my constrained spine 
because I want to fly above this world 
so I can understand its totalness 
while chirping with sad bird in tree of thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment