Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Eternal Dust Of Time

Eternal Dust Of Time
© Surazeus
2024 04 03

I praise not magnificence of the dead 
who rise up from eternal dust of time 
to haunt my heart with mute horn of desire 
that finds me in darkest corner of hope, 
obscured by beauty of this universe 
that creates my soul from its nothingness. 

Bemused by haughty fates of time and space 
that threaten to blind me with the spotlight, 
I follow spiders into cave of dreams 
to find old Gabriel with his tattered wings 
tuning gut strings of the tortoise-shell lyre 
he bought from Orpheus with apple seeds. 

Though my ancestors eight centuries past 
were fierce kings who ruled from castles of stone, 
I prefer to live in obscurity 
and build democracy with people power 
by giving women keys to rule their homes 
rather than be god in vault of starlight. 

Instead of Chess with kings who control pawns 
to fight over towers where blind girls sing 
hymns of sorrow that make the people weep, 
I would play Go with people who explore 
landscape of Earth with cameras and pens 
to map journeys of tribes around the world. 

No horns of glory blow now in the sky 
above the graves of billions who have died 
nameless and forgotten in global wars, 
so I will spend one hundred thousand years 
writing all their stories on river stones 
for the dead never resurrect to life. 

The great man humbled by his arrogance, 
whose statue with gold head and feet of clay 
seems to tower over America, 
will fall harder than Goliath at dawn 
when Rock of Ages rolled by Sisyphus 
knocks head of Ozymandias in the sand. 

Apollo plays chess with Death on the beach 
to save humanity from bleak despair 
by chanting spells that resurrect our hearts 
so we unite to build empire of faith 
by conquering nations with the Sword of Justice 
till the nuclear bomb explodes in the sea. 

Composed of atoms swerving in the void, 
I climb Parnassus Mountain to the grove 
where silver-eyed Athena welcomes me 
with mushroom wine in Holy Grail of love, 
so I dream history of the universe 
as wingless angel weeping on the beach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment