Sunday, April 28, 2024

Though You Vanish

Though You Vanish
© Surazeus
2024 04 28

Walking alone in dark street veiled in mist, 
I dream I see silhouette of your soul, 
and I remember holding your hand 
as we strolled among trees blossoming white, 
but I fought in war to keep our land free, 
and when I returned at last you were gone. 

I call your name in grove of apple trees, 
and call your name along shore of the sea, 
but you are nothing but ghost in my eyes, 
and you are nowhere in the weeping wind, 
yet I will search for you with heart of hope 
till we embrace when I gaze in your eyes. 

I hear your voice in wind of mountain trees 
gleam bright as snow that sparkles in your eyes, 
and hear your voice in crash of ocean waves 
that carve our tale of love on jagged cliffs, 
yet who will read our tragic tale of loss 
shattered from despair of fearful mistrust. 

Walking toward you in dark street veiled in mist, 
guided by light of affectionate love 
that gleams with light of pure stars in your eyes, 
I chase rainbow silhouette of your soul 
though you vanish before I reach your heart, 
then wander lost where you have never been. 


No comments:

Post a Comment