Saturday, April 13, 2024

Eurydice Reborn From Rain

Eurydice Reborn From Rain
© Surazeus
2024 04 13

How thoughtful of the sky to cleanse my soul 
with name of every soul who ever lived 
on every planet in the multiverse 
since they all spiraled from first flash of light 
and fall as drops of rain onto my world 
to bloom in flowers singing as I dance. 

From shadow ride four horsemen of despair 
to wreak destruction on my garden world 
so people who deserve to live with joy 
are slaughtered by their life-consuming greed 
and slave enchained in mining caves of Hell 
to dig diamonds and jewels from heart of Earth. 

On bombed ruins of castles and cathedrals 
we built steel-framed towers of mirrored glass 
wired with computers that calculate wealth 
to form global network of thinking chips 
evolving into supernatural brain 
that dreams virtual world from our memories. 

I drive my car on winding suburb streets 
where flocks of deer graze on the spacious lawns 
of houses nestled in forest of oaks 
where moon-eyed ravens on telephone lines 
discuss philosophy of ancient seers 
forged between idealists and atomists. 

Escaping tower room where she grew up, 
protected by her mother from the world 
where she never saw disease, age, or death, 
Lost Princess runs along lush river shore 
to hide in cavern of the lonely mage 
who gives her apple of the serpent sun. 

Six thousand years later of spinning time 
she teaches kids in elementary school 
how to recite and write the alphabet, 
those magic runes of serpents in the well 
her father snatched from the water of life, 
so they can study history of the world. 

Bright diamond gleaming with primal starlight, 
that pulses deep inside core of my heart, 
reveals creation of our universe 
evolving into globes teaming with life, 
so I walk signless road to Wonderland 
where my soulmate recognizes me first. 

She follows me from cavern of despair 
while I play lyre wired with strings of my heart 
and sing sweet hymn to tragedy of love 
but, fearing she no longer follows me, 
I look back to see stars in her eyes 
so she smiles and jumps in my loving arms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment