Saturday, October 28, 2023

Peace We Earn By Killing

Peace We Earn By Killing
© Surazeus
2023 10 28

Based on potent way pulsing apple curves 
beyond reluctant gravity of truth 
I reproduce weird profile of my mind 
to mirror mask of Apollo Death carves 
from endless singing riddle of sea froth 
by which angelic lovers come to bond. 

When I follow River Styx to find source 
sordid angels hoard with expectant mouths 
I find Mother Goddess Terra awake 
in psychic haze which imitates the farce 
we still perform in plays based on lost myths 
trapped in characters of forgotten book. 

I inhabit wax image of myself 
in marketplace where ideas are bought 
from blind angel stuck in mouth of the door 
who dances in smoke from eye of the calf 
foolish enough to fall for the bright bait 
used to lure the dead lost in our nightmare. 

Red tongues of fire that teach my heart the truth 
illuminate cave of illusions hid 
in shadow of the soul-transcending stone 
so I declare how I am lost in faith 
robed with moonlit dust blown from mouth of God 
who gives diamond to Sylvia in gold rain. 

Because the dead have eyes large as the moon 
I wait in empty jar of timeless hope 
to answer telephone which never rings 
though all I want is to play haunting tune 
which lingers with nameless ghosts in the ship 
who beg me to translate ocean-dark songs. 

The raven in my heart never escapes 
impediment to marriage of true minds 
who alter alterations back to why 
time fools our bodies to imitate maps 
since twirling compass measures soul of winds 
which guide our journey on the signless way. 

Now that I live at last in Spider Wood, 
far from hope-busy streets of Zathamar, 
I stop in swirls of snow to count their eyes 
which draw state of my fragile soul as God 
since I sing on darkest night of the year 
while I search for my lover in Dream Maze. 

When I go gentle into that good night 
with solemn psalming at slow close of day 
my words fork lightning in prophetic verse 
which highlights beauty of this life that fate 
throws random variables at how we pray 
since peace we earn by killing is a farce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment