Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Fractured Door To Happiness

Fractured Door To Happiness
© Surazeus
2023 10 25

When I grasp eternity in the grape 
and sing like Phoebus to the starry sky 
about how humans evolved from the ape 
I might begin to feel the reason why 
souls form from sunlight in the fertile womb 
of Earth that swallows us back in the tomb. 

Cursed by divine consciousness of self, 
we bind immortal soul with mortal name 
through machine of language on the book shelf 
by composing our own script for the game 
so we can stabilize our spinning world 
at seventh coming of the cosmic herald. 

Anointed with oil of sea-dragon brain, 
I transcend mortal frame in flashing dream 
through vision reflected in drops of rain 
that reveals how we incarnate in stream 
of genes that spiral through first flash of fate 
from hydrothermal vent with our soul mate. 

Through paralyzed force of my shapeless form 
I gesture without motion to extend 
weird variations of one psychic norm, 
born as the hollow man who must pretend 
to rule vast colorless kingdom of death 
when I utter the magic shibboleth. 

As last church bell rings soft beneath the sea 
I stand on theater stage to express 
compassion for children who lose the key 
that opens fractured door to happiness 
though bombs reduce to rubble their world view 
because their savior missed deceptive cue. 

Heart aching with despair at shocking horror 
that children are slaughtered in brutal war, 
I shake hands with blind devil in the mirror 
who sells skull of Orpheus in his store 
to prove sad prophet of the screaming whale 
would never put paradise up for sale. 

Jagged ridges of mountain ranges fade 
into the distant sorrow of blue haze 
till Earth and Sky dissolve in wounded shade 
that stretches anguish of my searching gaze 
till my heart understands beauty you see 
when you sing to me with faith of the free. 

Though we are strangers in the world of light 
our spirits walk together on Star Road 
to ponder solutions for bitter plight 
we suffer when we fail to ask God Toad 
how to live in harmony with the Tao 
as I pluck peaches from the Golden Bough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment