Monday, October 2, 2023

Death Will Silence Me

Death Will Silence Me
© Surazeus
2023 10 02

Each week when I take trash out to the curb 
I suffer existential dread from hope 
that I am worth the products I create 
when I convert dirt to books full of dreams 
that program how my brain perceives the world 
after I fell nine days and nights from Heaven. 

For space of half an hour dark silence brews 
reluctant thunderstorm of honest faith 
that I express weird stories I compose 
from fragments of strange memories that flash 
intense emotions my ancestors felt 
at the shocking hour they faced hungry death. 

I sing weird tales of transcendental vision 
that guided my ancestors through wild storm 
with deeds condensed in lessons I must learn 
to evade grim hostility of death 
who laughs at futile effort to survive 
which I deploy in psychic strategies. 

Yet I would never kill myself to ease 
pain of failure that cripples my desire 
to guard paradise where my children play 
since death will crush vibrant flame of my soul 
too soon in timeless spinning of the Earth 
for I would rather dance in weird moonlight. 

I sing bright glory of transcendent faith 
in divine beauty of my inner soul 
to radiate psychic energy of love 
that spirals from first flash of the big bang 
which beams through my body in eerie tunes 
for death will silence me with mocking sneer. 

I play role fate assigns me with pizzazz 
in wild romantic travesty of faith 
for I am who am I despite my plan 
to play role written in some ancient myth 
since I am more unreal that ocean waves 
reflecting face I accept as mine. 

Thus I will disappear at flash of dawn 
that watches my children walk from my grave 
to follow signless road I did not pave 
because I realize my story is done 
once I relax in walls of paradise 
to ignore social scenes of thought control. 

So when I retrieve crown my father lost 
when I cast him into the lake of fire 
I decide not to wear power he claimed 
for everything I am I made myself 
from struggle to overcome bleak despair 
since I reign over nothing but my mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment