Monday, October 2, 2023

Energy Of Anxious Hope

Energy Of Anxious Hope
© Surazeus
2023 10 02

Excessive energy of anxious hope 
drives me to push through torrents of cold rain 
though I stumble across steep mountain slope 
because sunlight of peace blooms from harsh pain, 
for mountains are built from bones of the dead 
and the wind blows with their voices unsaid. 

The people I love most rot in cold ground 
on which I walk to find the Promised Land 
where I pretend I am still glory bound 
though I work building boats with bloody hand, 
for oceans seethe with spirits of the dead 
and I dance wild where demons fear to tread. 

In desert salon I gamble with Fate 
to free my people from hard chains of greed 
for though the Devil tries to lock the gate 
sweet Liberty will sprout from bitter seed, 
for rivers writhe with sorrows of the dead 
and I hunt Hell where sad monsters have fled. 

When sneering gangsters dare kidnap young girl 
and force her to wear white lace bridal gown, 
I shoot them from dark woods where ravens whirl 
till I bury them all far outside town, 
for sand dunes whistle with songs of the dead 
and I respect her choice whom she will wed. 

Down from rain-wet hills of Scotland I stride 
to escape soldiers who slaughter my clan, 
then sail west on stormy Atlantic tide 
to fight civil war for the slavery ban, 
for children play chase with ghosts of the dead 
and I arrive with wagons of fresh bread. 

Aggressive passion of desire to live 
in journey to transcend blind fear of death 
motivates me to create what I give 
while floating in cave of dreams on star breath, 
for mothers remember deeds of the dead 
and I am stuck forever in my head. 

Spark of compassion glowing in my heart 
illuminates empty temple with faith 
where I plot human history on dream chart 
based on how mortals worship the star wraith, 
for fathers fight to protect tribal dead 
and I recite fabulous tales I read. 

Alone in shadow of the godless hall 
where arrogant kings tried to rule the Earth, 
I translate bloody writing on the wall 
that encodes ancient secret of rebirth, 
for parents record weird names of the dead 
and I sing well what has never been said. 


No comments:

Post a Comment