Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Lost In Mountain Time

Lost In Mountain Time
© Surazeus
2023 10 18

Awake in soul-less wind of mountain time, 
with three-eyed raven on my shoulder perched, 
I ponder mystery of moon-sparkling rain 
that sings elegy I cannot translate 
lamenting death of someone I knew once 
whose face recedes in mist of silent dream. 

While watching constant flow of silver stream 
that spirals gold around moss-blooming stones, 
I measure long unchanging change of thought 
reflected by each flashing water drop 
that splashes soft on mirror eye of fear 
in still repeating patterns I respect. 

Stark lonely sorrow of bleak mountain time 
expands from fragile flame of sunless hope 
that glows deep in abyss of dreamless gloom 
when I float body-less in vast unknown 
as flashing splash of water on swift stream 
enclosing me inside hard stone of faith. 

Sharp ray of dawn light stabs my frozen heart 
and startles me awake from ghastly dream 
of running forever from monstrous men 
to find myself now safe in mountain time 
far from lush garden of tall apple trees 
where the boy I love told me he loves me. 

His silver eyes and sun-gold glowing face 
shone bright with promise of eternal love 
each day we picked apples from dew-wet limbs, 
and how my heart beat wild with thrilling joy 
when he expressed his love with blushing cheeks 
and took my face with hope to kiss my lips. 

I still feel horror from shock of despair 
when arrow pierced his throat with sudden fear 
as gang of men on thundering hoofs of rage 
invaded garden walls like howling storm 
that blows down from high mountain peak of greed 
and he fell gasping in my trembling arms. 

My heart still aches that I abandoned him 
gasping as blood gushed from his wordless throat, 
and leaped through tangled woods of misery 
to escape laughing lust of men with swords, 
and ran ten thousand miles to neverland 
where I now wander lost in mountain time. 

Just as the boy I loved expressed his love 
grim soldiers sent by castle king of greed 
killed him and stole his lush garden of fruit, 
but though I seem alive with beating heart 
I wander lost as wordless ghost of hope, 
searching for dream of love in mountain time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment