Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Nobody From Nowhere

Nobody From Nowhere
© Surazeus
2026 07 29

At the sudden rise of the monstrous song 
from dark turmoil in calm sea of my heart, 
I pause while walking from the parking lot, 
then gaze around my still-point of concern 
at transient beauty of the wavering world 
to understand what I should do today. 

At certainty through slow unraveling 
with threads of fate from memory-woven time, 
I focus vague attention of concern 
to trace on gossamer scroll secret code 
devised by slyness to conceal my fear 
which barely contains tides of social change. 

At final judgment, rendered by mute trees 
to prove exceptions frame uncertain fate, 
I reach for handle of the broken door 
with courage to expose obsessive crimes 
people commit against people they fear 
despite concern for traditional rules. 

At placid disassemblage of our state, 
through deconstruction of rich privilege, 
I scatter components of programmed truths 
on Round Table of value-burnished knights 
to study disconnects between bland wants 
and ideal needs children fail to express. 

At startled insight of conceptual maps 
that display agricultural output, 
I analyze process of give and take 
providing financial support for farms 
that supply factories with biomass 
packaged and sold in bright grocery stores. 

At stir of demons in deep well of faith, 
who sings with sorrow of lost refugees, 
I name myself Nobody from Nowhere 
while I wander from sea to shining sea 
in search for unfenced patch of fertile soil 
beside some wide river to call my home. 

At stroke of thirteen on clock of untime, 
that vibrates over maze of offices, 
I type strange stories other people write 
to hide my Self with masks of long-dead gods 
who still speak through hard marrow of my bones 
with hunger for salvation of the fooled. 

At urge of faint hope to transcend my brain 
and soar in wings of Icarus through Hell, 
I arch my back as bridge for all lost souls 
to climb the stairway to Heaven with hope 
where they can shed rose-colored fantasy 
and live free in this world of love and need. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus scribbles lyrics for the new song that screams through the pulsing sponge of his electric brain, then strums guitar to improvise a tune for the words of weird.

    ReplyDelete