Trample My Flowered Grave © Surazeus 2026 07 31 Heart-aching sorrow of unwritten tales, that depict the suffering people endure as they are destroyed by indifferent Nature, smears scarlet despair across empty skies that wakes vain hope in broken hearts of souls who chase glow of Heaven into their grave. Thus I shall linger calmly on this shore, relaxed among jagged rocks of desire, face veiled by drifting mist of unconcern, to wait with blithe assurance of blank death for time to weave my body from mute light so I will glow with joy in my dark grave. If I join army of hope-righteous fools to fight in vain against cruel tyranny, I may find freedom to live as I will while striding boldly along mountain streams where no grim soldiers with weapons of death could hurl my body in lost unmarked grave. Strange stars that I have never seen before flicker through tangled web of wind-tossed limbs so I cannot now navigate by gleam of canon-regulated creeds to follow path of my faith to secret Promised Land that preserves small space for my special grave. Confined to hollow dale of silent winds that ruffle strange emotions of my heart across ice-black water of moss-framed pool, I pluck blackberries from long tangled vines to find sweet memories of my childhood days when I played free around my undug grave. Still awake long into dark evening gloom, I hear red-breasted Robins in thick Rowans sing delicate warbling tunes of regret which sparks fierce passion in my aching heart to haughtily endure the bitter storms when men with guns trample my flowered grave. Sweet summer days when we were free to roam fairy-haunted vales among rugged hills have vanished with huge cloudy palaces that shimmer bright as guide for wanderers when strict armies of greedy men invade valley of skulls that sing in secret graves. Concerned civilization will collapse again because politicians violate sacred Jovian law of hospitality bound to ensure social stability, I bring cart of apples to castle hall where ghosts of my ancestors fill my grave.
Surazeus Astarius Συράζευς Αστάριος. Cartographer. Epic Poet. Hermead epic poem about Philosophers 126,680 lines of blank verse. http://tinyurl.com/AstarianScriptures
Translate
Friday, July 31, 2026
Trample My Flowered Grave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Orpheus dances around my grave in the foothills of the Alps where I lived for ten thousand years building a great empire from hunger for paradise.
ReplyDelete