Translate

Monday, July 20, 2026

Zen Flash Of God-Eyes

Zen Flash Of God-Eyes
© Surazeus
2026 07 20

Neglected horror of our fractured world 
conceals strange beauty of the human heart 
with legendary myths of noble gods 
who play with loyal men in games of chess 
till they realize gods they worship are fake, 
no more than mortal men wearing gold masks. 

Vast wilderness of roundness sprawls awake 
inside glass jar of honest arrogance, 
corrupt with greed for loyal followers 
who praise the brave influencer of truth 
with glowing accolades for noble deeds 
attacking hostile keepers of the gate. 

Thick mist of sorrow shrouds stone streets of faith 
where marble temple stands three thousand years 
as haven for lost homeless travelers 
to seek deep wisdom on blank walls of fate, 
grand hall long empty but for wind and rain 
that nurture trees where ancient gods once ruled. 

Entranced by silver essence of the lake, 
I seek bright Zen of vacant nothingness 
within the seething network of my brain 
to free my heart from taut bonds of desire 
that bind wings of my soul with hungry hope 
to understand true nature of the world. 

Immortal wisdom of my mortal being, 
programmed by gene-god of my dreaming brain, 
tricks me to seek salvation of the heart 
in temple floating on high glowing clouds 
where angel-ghosts of people I once knew 
play harps forever in harmonious peace. 

Quiet manifestation of great truth 
appears in flash of light before my eyes 
so I draw power down from swirling clouds 
to writhe in tangled verse of sentences 
that map our journey to the Promised Land 
among ten thousand peaks of glowing eyes. 

Zen flash of god-eyes in my aching heart 
still urges me to follow signless trails 
through endless hills composed of angel skulls 
where I rest weary body of my soul 
in tholos veiled by swirls of apple blooms 
to meditate on how clear water flows. 

Ethereal calm of timeless mountain vale 
inspires my heart with weird sublimity 
while I sip apple cider brewed at dawn 
to meditate on nothingness of life 
the swells my true self huge as thunder clouds 
so I will dissipate in swirls of rain. 



1 comment:

  1. Orpheus meditates in tholos temple in Delphi for ten thousand years, contemplating fate as numberless great empires rise and fall in waves of greed.

    ReplyDelete